Residential Rental Criteria
The Following are standards of what will be used to judge your application for tenancy. You must
meet the following standards in order to qualify for a rental under our management. All Applicants are
scored and processed on the same standards in the order they are received.
Boardwalk Realty & Management is committed to equal housing opportunity. We adhere to all Federal Housing requirements. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Criminal History Policy
It is the policy of this community to obtain information on past criminal activities of prospective residents. Such criminal information may include arrests, convictions and pending criminal actions.
This community shall not deny applicants solely on the basis of arrests or pending criminal actions. Those may be included with other factors that may as an aggregate be determined to warrant denial.
This community shall not allow persons who are on any sex offender list. Likewise, persons with criminal convictions which relate to the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances shall be denied. Persons whose convictions relate to possession of controlled substances may be accepted if they provide evidence of completion of a treatment program.
Persons who have convictions involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons will be required to provide additional information to establish that they do not pose a risk to the property or the other residents.
In evaluating prior criminal history, this community will consider the type of crime, severity of the crime, and the length of time since conviction and release. Terms and conditions of parole and probation may also be considered. Each case will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Denied applicants may petition for reconsideration by providing additional information regarding mitigating circumstances and other information that may assist the community in a review of the applicant’s criminal history.
Each applicant over the age of 18 is required to pay an application fee. The application fee is listed on the application and is NON-refundable under any circumstances and shall be paid prior to verifying any application. We reserve the right to decline an application for incomplete information.
- Employment Requirements: Employment will be verified. At a minimum, employment history should
reflect six months with current employer and/or six months with previous employer. Recent graduates must provide proof of enrollment or graduation. Self-Employed applicants must provide a current CPA prepared
financial statement or most recent tax return.
- Income Requirements: The combined gross income of all persons living in the rental must be 2.5 times the monthly rental rate. (income requirement and/or deposits may be raised depending on the property)
- Rental History: Applicants must provide name, address, and dates of tenancy for previous landlords for two years. An application will not be approved if there are any previous evictions, defaults in lease
agreements, untimely rental payments, or outstanding balances owed to another landlord.
- Credit History: Your credit must reflect that all accounts are current. Application for tenancy will be denied if you have filed bankruptcy within the past 18 months. Any bankruptcy must have been
discharged at least one year from the date of application. All collections accounts must show as being
paid in full. Applicants with past due accounts and collections may qualify with additional deposit.
- Criminal History: Applicants will be asked to disclose any prior arrests, convictions or pending criminal actions. A criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose is grounds for denial. Arrests and pending criminal actions will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Management will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will not be considered. Persons who have a criminal conviction relating to drugs who have not provided evidence of completed drug rehabilitation will not be accepted nor will persons whose drug conviction relates to conviction for other than possession. Applicants should be aware that serious convictions relating to crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons will likely be denied. Also persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references.Management will evaluate the criminal history on an individualized basis which may be used as one factor in the application process. Applicants with criminal history are encouraged to properly disclose the information and to provide management with such other information as may assist in explaining the circumstances and mitigating factors of the criminal history. Denied applicants may petition for reconsideration and may then provide additional information to be considered.
- Students: Full-time students can qualify with written verification of financial aid, parental support, scholarships, and/or supplemental savings equal to 12 months of rental payments.
- Occupancy: We follow local guidelines and regulations.
- Pets: Check the listing of each property for specific pet requirements. If a property allows pets, there is typically an increased monthly charge and additional deposit. There is also a separate application for pets at www.rentfromboardwalk.com
- Co-signors: If a co-signer is required, the co-signer must complete a full application, be approved, and sign the Lease Agreement.
- Identification Will be verified before Lease signing or at any time during the application process.